Are you having any of these problems on your windows 7 or windows XP?
Missing Start menu icons/items, missing desktop icons or missing folders in Windows 7 or windows XP then you are having a spyware, malware or virus in your computer.
Please print this and follow the instruction:
1) Download rKill to you desktop
2) Download “Unhide”
3) Run rKill
4) Double click on rKill file and wait until black command screen goes away
5) Run Unhide
This will revert many of the changes on your computer caused by spyware. It will unhide all folder and icons from your computer.
6) After unhide finishes running you may still be missing most of your start menu and desktop icon,
Do the following:
They May be found in a folder named smtmp inside:
(XP)- C:Documents and SettingsUsernameLocal SettingsTemp
These will be there unless you have removed temp files / folders
7) There might be three numbered folders inside C:Documents and SettingsYour User NameLocal SettingsTempsmtmp folder. The folders will be numbered 1, 2 and 4.
8) Inside Number 1 folder copy the sub folder and paste into
For Windows XP
C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersStart Menu
For Windows 7
Note: If it asks you to overwrite it click yes. Do not create duplicate folder.
9) Inside Number 2 folder copy the sub folder and paste into
For Windows XP
C:Documents and SettingsYour User NameApplication DataMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick Launch
10)Inside Number 4 folder and files copy the sub folder and paste into
C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersDesktop.
11) Download malwarebytes.
12) Install Malwarebytes, Update Malware Bytes
13) Run Full scan
14) Click on view Result after scan finish
15) Select Remove All
This should solve the problem of missing desktop icons, but if the problem still remains or if you have any question write comment and I will try to answer as much as I canHow to fix missing desktop or start menu icons Windows 7 or windows XP by Urvi Patel